Dear Friend of Community Radio,
I’m going to let you in on a secret in community radio. We attract a strange bunch of nerdy, witty, and creative types of folks to come make radio with us. It is what makes 103.3 Ashevlle FM’s programming so eclectic, dynamic, and unique. Over the years, you’ve come to know these voices that brighten your day with just the right music track or deepen your thinking from a discussion on the issues of our day. This amazing mix of people, and the programming they lovingly create each week for you, is just half of what makes Asheville FM so special. This other half is you, our listeners. Together, programmers, volunteers, supporters, and listeners have made Asheville FM a success from day one. Now, as 2022 draws to a close, we are asking you to consider us for your end of year giving plans.
We are trying to raise $5,000 by the end of the year for a final push to help us get 2023 started right! Donate now at ashevillefm.org
It is with your support that we keep the station going and build toward our future successes. In the last year, with support from listeners like you and countless of hours of work from station volunteers we:
- Launched our Youth Radio Program, New Wave (Sundays 10a)
- Released our new iPhone and Android Phone App. (Available at our website, Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Improved technology for archiving and streaming; including providing 2 weeks of archived programs.
- Hosted a record breaking 3rd Annual Record Fair!
- Released our first ever, local compilation album; Real People Great Radio, Volume 1
- Continued hosting a live music session once a month at The Getaway River Bar
- Won 4 national awards including Best of Overall Excellence in Community Radio and Best of Radio DJ of the Year (Cousin TL)
- Placed in the top 3 of Mountain Xpress’s Best of WNC Awards for the 7th consecutive year.
- And of course, continued providing you the most eclectic freeform radio programming in WNC.
Our end of year goal is $5,000, can you give today to help us get there?
P.S. This year we’re offering a very special gift to you. For any new monthly subscriber, or any donation above $60 you make between now and December 31, Go Local Asheville will send you one of their Go Local Cards.
We have a modest goal of raising $5,000 to finish the year strong. That $5,000 goes a long way to help support our volunteer DJs and hosts, provide youth and community podcast boot camps, expand remote broadcasting capabilities, and further our new partnerships.
Because you listen local, please make a gift now to support local community radio and receive a Go Local Card for any donation of $60 or more.
KP Whaley, General Manager