Armenian Anarcha-feminist on Genocide in Nagorno-Karabakh
This week on the show, we’re featuring an interview I did recently with Sona, an anarcha-feminist from Yerevan, Armenia, about her experience of anarchism and some of the solidarity efforts related to supporting Armenians expelled from Nagorno-Karabakh, an Armenian enclave within the borders of the neighboring country of Azerbaijan. The full episode can be found, alongside the transcript, here.
Recent crimethInc articles:
- Anarchist Voices from Armenia and Azerbaijan: On the Violence in Nagorno-Karabakh
- Solidarity among the Displaced: How Russian Anarchists in Exile Supported Armenian Refugee Squatters
From crimethInc “Anarchist Voices…” Article:
a list of NGOs to support refugees in Armenia:
- The space Letters and Numbers and the Armenian Food Bank have opened a humanitarian aid collection point. Please bring non-perishable food items and clothing to St. Tumanyan, 35G, Yerevan.
- Volunteer fund for helping victims of the war “Ethos” St. Khorenatsi 30, Yerevan.
- Sasha Manakina’s collection can be found at this link. Sasha is one of the heroines of the new zine Alarm!
- The Viva Charitable Foundation has been providing medicine, rehabilitating the wounded, and helping Artsakh since 2016.
Support for Jorge Yorch Esquivel
From his support site:
We call for solidarity with our comrade Jorge Esquivel, Yorch, to demand his immediate release and the dismissal of charges against him.
- Attending the rally during their next hearing on Monday, October 23. The appointment is at 9 a.m. in front of the Orient Prison
- Organized to make noise and agitation
- Spread your case
- Go, call or write to nearby Mexican embassies and consulates to demand their freedom
- Or any way they like to stand in solidarity so that we can rip our comrade from the clutches of the state and its prisons.
Yorch is imprisoned for crimes fabricated against him as part of a montage that seeks to criminalize the Che Squat / Okupache and its members. He has been held hostage by the Mexican state in Mexico City’s East Reclusion for more than 10 months.
. … . ..
- Wishing (instrumental) by Pete Rock from My Own Worst Enemy (Instrumentals)