This week, we’re featuring a conversation with Mohammad Hureini (twitter / instagram), a young activist from Masafer Yatta, an area in the hills south of Hebron in the occupied West Bank in Palestine. Mohammad is a member of a non-violent group called Youth of Sumud that struggles to hold on to the sites and lives of Palestinian villages despite displacement by the Israeli military occupation as well as the illegal zionist settlements (like the neighboring Havat Ma’on) and their routine violence and impunity. For the hour, Mohammad speaks about the work of Youth of Sumud, their recent report co-published with The Good Shepherd on increased settler violence entitled Indigenous Erasure: How the zionist movement is using state sanctioned violence to eliminate the Palestinian communities of the West Bank, the South African genocide case against Israel in the International Court of Justice and other topics. A transcript of this interview will be available soon, a podcast version of this is available at our website.
Organizations Mohammad names doing on the ground support:
- Defund Racism (https://defundracism.org/): follows NGO connections to settler projects
- recently published a report on Regavim, a pro-settler organization that pulls funding from the US, Canada and elsewhere to displace Palestinians
- Operation Dove /Operazione Colomba from Italy (https://www.operazionecolomba.it/)
- International Solidarity Movement (https://palsolidarity.org/)
- Community Peacemaker Teams (https://cpt.org/)
Recent interviews about the conflict in Palestine
- Yuval Dag, Israeli anarchist military refuser
- Joey Ayoub on the War in Gaza
- Jewish anti-zionist Anarchist in Israel
B(A)D News #75 is out!
Check out the January 2024 episode featuring updates on support for antifascists facing charges in Budapest from February 11, 2023; reflections from an Autonomist on the ’80s-’90s journal “Radikal”; a portion of our interview with Israeli refuser Yuval Dag; and an interview from Solidarity Zones on the case of accused Russian war sabateur, Ruslan Siddiqui
. … . ..
- Building Steam with a Grain of Salt by DJ Shadow from Entroducing….